[IRCA] CKWX reception in Miscou confirmed!

[IRCA] CKWX reception in Miscou confirmed!

I contacted CKWX via email this morning and the CE was kind enough to
email me the entire hour of audio from his station log for the hour we
were listening.  Sure enough, just at the time we were pulling some
decent audio on 1130 at Miscou Island, the tape shows that the audible
words were indeed uttered as heard by the group, and therefore I can
confirm that we did indeed hear CKWX.

The CE, Rick Dal Farra, said that our reception was a "rare occurrence"
but that the station had received reports from Scandinavia (which I was
aware of from watching the MWC list).

Rick went above and beyond the call of duty to pull and send that audio,
and I wrote him back immediately and thanked him for his help.  The guys
on Miscou don't know about this yet because they are cut off from phone
and Internet, but we were all convinced it was CKWX anyway, of course!

Brent Taylor, VE1JH
Doaktown, NB