Re: [IRCA] IBOC DX'ing

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Thanks for the signal report on IBOC. As I thought,
> this is not going to
> be useable in the DXing world at all.

> 73,

> Patrick

Some time back I was talking to Paul Jellison and he
said he was on the road an hour after sunset, and was
already in Wyoming and the Denver 760 was coming in
fine. He said HMMMMM! He called back to someone and
they had left the unit for power change in manual
mode. So a few moments later IBOC went off and night
pattern and power arrived and POOOF. Yes it will
decode under good conditions  but not with a weak or
unstable signal.

Powell

w4opw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NNNN!