Re: [IRCA] DRM in Germany

Chris, You can hear Canadian, and some Euro Satellite transmissions from right where you are located, but, all that you will hear is a buzzing noise as our analog rigs can't demodulate the digital stuff. Try around 9.700 to 9.800 MHz in the evenings. The satellite buzz from Canada is very noticeable and loud at my Ohio QTH. If anything I wanted to hear from an analog transmission where to be in that area the digital hash would block it out. Canada has Satellite Broadcasts on the lower SW Bands while good people like Sirius & XM use Freq. s way up in the S-Band, and higher.
If you had a DRM schedule from the DRM web site you would be able to tune the Buzzing right off the bat by going to the listed freq.s in that schedule. I have come to enjoy XM, especially the Big Time Movie Plays from the 1940s on channel 164 of XM (Old Time Radio channel). But, there is just something special about taking a rig like the Drake R8B and converting a poor SW signal into something worth listening to. I miss tuning knobs & adjustment features in the analog world so I can say to myself "I've touched up that poor signal so I can now hear it well. With digital it is either there, or not there!

Have fun as you are doing the right thing, tuning at random just to see what you can find & improve upon!

73 John Wagner, An Old Fart Stuck between old analog & modern Digital Worlds