Re: [IRCA] IRCA and NRC

>From: mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx (Patrick Martin)
>ofAmerica)
>Subject: Re: [IRCA] IRCA and NRC
>Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:18:27 -0700
>
>Terry and Eric,
>
>According to DXers that were around when the IRCA broke away in 1964,
>the NRC BOD always had this attitude. Nothing really has changed.
>However, there has not been a big issue for them to deal with for a long
>time. A lot of the newer members had no idea the NRC BOD was this way. I
>have been asked to join the NRC many times through the years, but I
>always have said I wasn't interested. Sure, they have a great bunch, but
>I cannot go along with their BOD.
>Face it, I love the IRCA too much anyway.
>Patrick
>
>Patrick Martin
>Seaside  OR
>KAVT Reception Manager

Patrick,

Thank you kindly for the history lesson. My first DXer contact here was Rich
Eddie, and he joined EVERY group! I liked the legal sized IRCA issues he
had, and IRCA has many more awards too.

So I joned BOTH IRCA and NRC at the same time in late 1979. I did get a lot
of tips from both bullitens, and I like the DX News for one reason - more
members mused sharing what was going on DX wise. I enjoyed that personal
interest.

So a convention came up only five hours away. Rich said if I did all the
driving of his car he would purchase the gas. Such a deal I could not
refuse! I really enjoyed the convention, and meeting all those DXers whose
musings I had read, and their logs I read.

While I was a member of NRC I had no problem with the board, and my musings
never got me clubbed by the powers that be! I did hear that Mike Knitter
(Knit-wit) was being forced to surrender the publishing duties of DX News.
Not clear about all that. Rich Eddie memorized all that information, and
could bring me up to date in 15 minutes! Gee, that guy sure knew radio!!!!!!

This time I have joined IRCA only for a three year sub. For once I heeded
Eric's advice, and did not join a club run like a dictatorship. I have
enjoyed IRCA thus far, and must try to muse more. Also glad to see that the
Short Wave clubs have started a musing column too!!!!

So we may be having local get-to-gethers for BCB and other DX venues.

Again, thanks for the history.

Best and 73 73s,

Terry in Saint Louis