Re: [IRCA] IBOC DX'ing

Paul,

The only hope we have with IBOC, is it wont sell and it will go away.
That is generally what happens in the industry, Quad, AM Stereo, etc.
Money talks and if something makes no money, it is gone. I don't see the
general public buying into IBOC anyway. No one is going to go out and
buy all new radios. The few that will sell will be the broadcasters and
other people in the field. I know a lot of engineers from all over the
US and Canada and most feel it will never go anywhere on AM. FM maybe?
But not AM. I think all we have to do it wait it out.
  It really does not matter what us DXers feel anyway. Ibiquity is not
going to pay any attention to us. We can write all we want. We don't
call the shots. (Did we ever?) The bottomline is, if the public does not
buy into it, it will be gone. But it would be great to move on to a new
subject. Like DX?

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin