Re: [IRCA] IRCA and NRC

>Which makes me glad I left NRC in '94! They seem to want to control
>everything the membership says or does, on the Internet or in the pages of
>DX News
>(I'm sure many NRC loyalists would disagree). Which makes DX  Monitor a far
>better publication.
>
>73, Eric (N0UIH)

Hiya!

I had no idea that National Radio Club had degenerated. When I rejoined IRCA
Eric told me that NRC was a dictatorship! I was stunned.

I remember DX News being published by the Louisville group (Dicsk Truax &
company), and then Mike Nittler, who we affectioantely called Mike Knit-wit.
Great issues from 1978 through 1984 that I was overactively involved.

I picked up a box of old DX News and DX Monitors, and have read many musings
by Rich Eddie, Walt Breville, Mark Strickert, and many other familiar names.
I was quite surprized to see how many issue I had contributed to!

Eric has a muse about taking over the Bandscan column. It ends with an
admonition for Roger Gianini and I NOT make frun of Mister Microphone oh er
ah Eric .

Reading many of these old bullitens is a time portal. I read musings by Norm
McGuire, Richard Pistek, Rich Eddie, and many others who have passed on.
They still live through their printed words!

A HUGE thank you to EARL HIGGINGS for allowing me to travel back in time 27
years to when I joined IRCA and NRC!!!!

It is sad that such a great club could be taken over by a person, who rules
like a dictator. I have fond memories of NRC, and looking forward to every
issue of DX News. The same was true for IRCA. There was some playful kidding
in the musings, but I never read anything of the nature Eric reports.

I have the 50th anniversary NRC book, and I still get it out every year to
peruse the pages. It is still a fine book to me. Eric needs to consider that
some people are NOT familiar with the unbelievable change that NRC has gone
through since the early 1980s!

Best of DX and 73 73s

Terry Klasek, Saint Louis