Re: [IRCA] E10 VS S350

In my recent personal experience the S350 is much more sensitive on the MF AM broadcast band then E10 using the built in loopstick antennas. But the E10 is much more sensitive on SW than the S350 using the built in whip antennas.
The S350 is a little more sensitive on FM versus the E10 using the built in whip antennas.

The E10 wins hand down on frequency stability but the S350 wins on audio quality. Also the E10 has a built in antenna trimmer circuit on SW that allows you to peak the signal via the whip and also the included 23 foot wire antenna.

I bought the E10 for portable shortwave listening only because I feel that the S350 is very poor on SW as far as stability, images and front end overload. The E10 is also much better on SW than my Sangean ATS-909 using the built in whip antennas.

Besides the reel in/out antenna and leather case the E10 also comes with a nice pair of ear buds and rechargeable NiCad batteries that are recharged inside the radio when it's off.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Retired Meteorologist & Space Plasma Physicist
Lakeland, FL, USA
Grid Square EL97AW
27 57 26.5 N 81 56 46.6 W
kn4lf@xxxxxxxx