[IRCA] Eton E10 On MF

With the built in loopstick antenna the Eton E10 receiver is dismal on the MF AM broadcast band and there is no provision to plug in an outside antenna. But when I inductively couple the receiver to my 2 foot box loop it hears very well.

As an example the 50 kw WOKV 690 kc station in Jacksonville at 150 miles away from me is barely a whisper here on the E10 with  the built in loopstick antenna but is a loud 5 out of 5 on the S meter scale when inductively coupled to my 2 foot box loop. The difference is amazing.

The station is equally loud on my Grundig S350 with the built in loop stick antenna.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Retired Meteorologist & Space Plasma Physicist
Lakeland, FL, USA
Grid Square EL97AW
27 57 26.5 N 81 56 46.6 W
kn4lf@xxxxxxxx