Re: [IRCA] Interesting 970 DX

Patrick,

Yup, that's where they started.  I have been building data sets (with exact dates when possible) for EVERY station in the US and Canada.  Its been a 10-year project, and getting assistance to help me finish it off has been difficult, to put it mildly.  I would love to get it completed and published, considering I don't know of anyone else silly enough to tackle a project of that size and complexity.

By the way, you missed KAST's move from 1370 to 1200 in mid-1939.  They switched to 1230 on 3/29/41 with the North American frequency shift.

Mike Hawkins

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike, That was cool. I had no idea the station was in Hood River! It is
like KAST 1370, started out in 1922 in Klamath Falls, moved by sidecar
to Astoria in 1925, then on 1230 with 250w, later moved to 1370 and
boosted to 1 KW.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR