Re: [IRCA] OT-sorta!

I would not buy any personal computer from Compaq or HP.  Their servers are excellent, but their home stuff is ca-ca!  They rely on their name as high-end manufacturers to dump hooey on the home marketplace.

If he is looking for something good, he should check the Dell refurb site, or eBay for people who make their living selling Dell refurbs.  Dell has always been excellent, though they use their name to keep their new stuff pricy.  Their refurbs (I have bought two) are great, and if you shop on the Dell refurb site, you can pick from a number of custom configurations that keep your money focused on your goals.

Another one to avoid is Sony...they have great features, but do an inspection at the Best Buy service department, and you will see Sony Vaios lined up from end to end.

Mike Hawkins

The Kaskey Family <kaskeyfamily@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Art Blair from up Folsom way phoned me tonight, reporting his computer
has gone to PC-Heaven (or the reverse). He has a chance to pick up a
Presario Compact Computer at a good price. He asked me to ask you
people on the list if they have had any experience with the Presario
Compact Computer. Any replies will be appeciated as he will check with
me tomorrow evening for comments.

Many thanks

don kaskey san francisco ca