Re: [IRCA] OT-sorta!

Don,
IMO... My last two were Compaq's (Presario) and they seemed fine for my
applications ie. regular programs, internet etc.- nothing really fancy.  I
have a HP Pavilion a 230n  now and I like it alot -but probably because it
has more options than the older models.  If he's going to buy at a store
such as Best Buy, he should shop around at Circuit City or Costco etc. to
get an idea and more opinions. He should get as much as he can or needs at
the cheapest price.  If I remember right, several years ago, Compaq had some
kind of problems going on. I'm thinking it was concerning customer service
complaints. Something which should always be kept in mind. I think Costco
will take anything back if you don't want it or have a problem with it. I'd
stick with the brand names and a good warranty.
73- Doug