Re: [IRCA] Good News

"Eloise is home and in rested & stable state. Doing very well."

Don,

Excellent. I'm in the same boat.

Janice underwent surgery on July 4 for hiatal hernia that had allowed digestive tract to move about in her chest, causing twisting that ripped a hole in the duodenum. Extreme pain, a 9-1-1 call that brought a quick ambulance (we live a block away from a local fire station with state-of-the-art emergency facilities and well-trained volunteers), the luck of the draw that one of the top two surgeons was on holiday call, and Janice already is feeling better than she had in the last five or six years as her condition had slowly evolved.

Fortunately, she did well enough and we had a strong enough support group in Krum that I could live up to my obligations hosting the WTFDA convention in late July. Dallas/Irving didn't draw too many DX'ers ... we got the whole convention loaded into two cars for the tours ... but it gave those in attendance a chance to get thoroughly acquainted. We got to tell all our stories!

Next stop for me: Kulpsville, Labor Day weekend.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon