Re: [IRCA] WTOP interference

Bill,

Even though KEX does not cause IBOC hiss beyond 1200 & 1180 here on the
coast, it sure does a number on KLAY Lakewood (Tacoma) on 1180 days. I
can phase it down a lot here, but it isn't always easy. Then around LSS
the noise is really bad until KLAY and KOFI get strong enough to
overpower the hiss. Yes, IBOC is flawed bigtime. I still don't see this
flying. I am waiting for lawsuits to start showing up from station
owners that get QRM'd. I just don't see the stations putting up with
this. If I owned a station that was being QRM'd and I would lose
listeners and advertising I would scream loud and long.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager