Re: [IRCA] High Noon Effect

At 04:13 27/07/2005, you wrote:
>I sent a reply to this thread recently to another list,
>then later realized it was also posted on IRCA, where
>there was then some discussion of it (good).
>So, my copy finally came back to me (in digest form)
>and here it is. Does anyone here remember seeing
>the original report?
>- Bob

I do have a vague recollection of this, Bob.  I'll try to dig something out
this weekend.

Another source of information might Steve Johnston, Director
of  Engineering/Operations at Boise State Radio, who was the speaker at
IRCA's Boise convention, and who mentioned the noon enhancement phenomenon
during his talk.   He joined IRCA at the time, and might be on the list, so
may have something to contribute.

After that talk, I ran some signal strength recordings during the hour or
so around noon on various frequencies (540 is  good one for example, that
has yielded CBK within an hour of solar noon  one July years
ago).  However, I was not able to find any enhancements.

best wishes,

Nick