From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Walter (Volodya) Salmaniw
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 4:22 PM
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [IRCA] Day 1 of world-wide coastal MW dxpedition

Fellas, the first morning of the round the world virtual dxpedition is under my belt.  Results were rather mediocre, in my opinion for MW, and more interesting on the Tropical bands.  I did hear a few new Alaskans.  I don't think there was anything new for me for Trans Pacific.  I'll be looking forward to reading how the others fared, and I'm hoping that tomorrow will yield more interesting DX.  Here's my catch.  Incidently, I used 3 antenna (well really only 2 for MW:  2 mini-Beverages measuring 350 and 400' respectively, aimed 170/350 and 30/210 degrees.  Still using 12 volts, although the power should be hooked up very soon.