[IRCA] 3rd morning of world-wide coastal virtual dxpedition

[IRCA] 3rd morning of world-wide coastal virtual dxpedition

Well, another night and morning of dxing here on the Queen Charlotte
Islands.  Reception was not great on MW, at least initially and was totally
dominated by Japan.  One abbreviated session tomorrow morning, and I'll be
heading back to Victoria.  Here are my results:

209 etc ALASKA Aviation Beacons, Jul 23 10:59 - An interesting sideline to
dxing here on the Charlottes is listening for Aviation beacons, and
especially those that have voice transmissions which I never hear in
Victoria.  This morning I was able to hear six different transmissions. My
database appears to be woefully out of date, so I'll need to search more up
to date sources.  Help finding these would be appreciated.  On 209 kHz, the
following was heard:  'The transcribed aviation weather forecast is
suspended.'  I have OYN, Nome listed on 208.  Will need further
research.  Furthermore, I also heard the same message on 260 kHz.  My
sources do not list any Alaskan on 260.  The closest is RL, Riboo WA and EU
Frank, Eugene OR.  More study is needed.  Aviation weather for Alaska was
heard on 277 kHz.  Weather for Kodiak Island, Bristol Bay, Cook Inlet,
etc.  I have ACE Kachemak, Homer AK listed.  355, also has the same
aviation weather. Nothing listed on 355, but 356  lists  HHM Hotham,
Kotzebue, AK, FOX, Fox AK, and GRP Granite Point, AK.  More research again
needed!    394 is listed as RWO Woody Is., Kodiak, AK.  They mention that,
'pilot weather reports are requested'.  Included weather for Dutch Harbor,
Eastern Bering Sea, the Aleutians, and the Gulf of Alaska.  Finally, 411
was heard well with aviation weather.  Nothing listed in my databases, but
412 lists FXW Farewell Lake, AK.  Included weather for Dillingham, Kodiak
(temperature on 13 deg F....Brrr!). (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte
Is, BC)

670 ALASKA KDLG, Dillingham, Jul 23 11:59 - ID for KDLG, Dillingham and
into the BBCWS.  Good reception.  My first pass on the 9 kHz channels was
dismal, without a single audio heard!  Finally the first audio was hear on
693 (see below). (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

684 FIJI Radio Fiji 1, Jul 23 12:41 - Fair reception with Fijian talk by
OM/YL. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

693 JAPAN JOAB, Tokyo, Jul 23 12:09 - Finally audio, although weakly with
NHK 2 and English lessons.  Parallel stations heard include 747 JOIB,
Sapporo at good level, 774 JOUB, Akita. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen
Charlotte Is, BC)

738 TAHITI RFO Tahiti, Jul 23 12:48 - Good reception with French talk, and
then music. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

774 AUSTRALIA 3LO, Melbourne, Jul 23 12:11 - Initially in English with play
by play, which I assume is ABC Melbourne, 3LO, but then NHK2 JOUB, Akita
became dominant with English lesson. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte
Is, BC)

828 JAPAN JOBB, Osaka, Jul 23 12:13 - Another NHK2 station with English
lesson.  Fair reception. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

850 ALASKA KICY, Nome, Jul 23 14:50 - Probable reception with religious
songs 'He has the whole world in his hand', etc.  Poor with major splatter
from CBC 860. No ID heard, however. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte
Is, BC)

970 ALASKA KFBX, Fairbanks, Jul 23 13:47 - Finally heard an ID at poor to
fair level as, '970 News radio KFBX'.  Then, 'do your part to keep Alaska's
wildlife wild'.  I've now heard and ID'd about 3/4 of the Alaskan MW
stations. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1134 JAPAN JOKR, Tokyo, Jul 23 12:18 - Japanese programming at fair
level.  100 kw. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1152 JAPAN JOPC Kushiro, Hokkaido, Jul 23 12:19 - Another NHK2 in English
at poor to fair levels.  At dawn enhancement there were many strong hets
this morning.  After a dismal start, they were welcome!. (Salmaniw, Tow
Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1179 JAPAN JOOR, Osaka, Jul 23 12:20 - Japanese talk at fair level.  100 kw
listed. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1188 JAPAN JOKP Kitami, Hokkaido, Jul 23 12:21 - Good reception apart from
some splatter, with a Japanese game show?  10 kw listed. (Salmaniw, Tow
Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1197 JAPAN Unknown, Jul 23 12:21 - Japanese graveyard frequency with
numerous low powered stations listed.  Good reception. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill,
Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1242 JAPAN JOLF, Tokyo, Jul 23 12:48 - Weak reception with Japanese talk by
YL.  100 kw listed. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1269 JAPAN JOHW or JOFM, Jul 23 12:49 - Weak Japanese speech by YL.  Listed
as either JOHW (5kw) or JOFM (1 kw), both in Hokkaido. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill,
Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1287 JAPAN JOHR, Sapporo, Jul 23 12:23 - Female talk by a female dj, and
into a modern Japanese vocal.  A regular every morning.  At 12:50 good to
very good reception with the same dj, and then into a jazzy vocal.
(Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1386 JAPAN ?unknown, Jul 23 12:26 - Weak NHK2.  There are several listed.
(Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1404 JAPAN JOQL Kushiro, Hokkaido, Jul 23 12:28 - Poor to fair reception,
with music then Japanese talk.  5 kw listed on this probable logging.
(Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1413 JAPAN JOIF, Fukuoka, Jul 23 12:51 - Fair talk by OM in
Japanese.  Listed at 50 kw. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1422 JAPAN JORF, Yokohama, Jul 23 12:29 - Japanese talk by a YL.  I'm
assuming this to be Yokohama with 50 kw.  Fair reception. (Salmaniw, Tow
Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1548 AUSTRALIA 4QD, Emerald, Jul 23 12:32 - Good reception with 'ABC Radio'
heard.  Listed as 50 kw.  Continued good reception when rechecked at 13:01.
(Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1557 ?AUSTRALIA ?NEW ZEALAND ?2ZH, Havera or 2RE, Taree, Jul 23 13:05 - Not
sure which English speaker this station represents.  Play by play sports
program.  Either Aussie 2RE Coastal Radio Taree, NSW with 2 kw, or 2ZH
Havera, NZ also 2 kw. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen Charlotte Is, BC)

1566 KOREA HLAZ, Jul 23 12:34 - Only fair to good reception of this
regular, along with another cochannel station. (Salmaniw, Tow Hill, Queen
Charlotte Is, BC)