[IRCA] Fwd: [Radiomarine] Night of Nights VI Photos

[IRCA] Fwd: [Radiomarine] Night of Nights VI Photos

off topic, but thot those who listened to KPH/KSM would like to see
photos.

--- Begin Message ---
I thought some listeners to the Night of Nights VI transmissions might like to see some photos of KPH and KSM in action.  So I've posted some of my personal pictures for your viewing pleasure.

---

Position 1, controlling KPH and KSM HF and MF:

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/Position1.jpg

---

Position 2, the guest position.  Note the double thick base on the Vibroplex, a donation of a former station operator:

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/Guest.jpg

---

The Boehme keying head used for the KPH wheel

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/Boehme.jpg

---

Denice, in eyeshade and sleeve garters, sends a message from position 2:

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/Denice.jpg

---

Denice uses the key phone at position 1.  This is an original KPH phone (we have a photo of Denice using it when she was employed at KPH).  A 2A key system was installed to run it (note that the button light is lit):

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/Phone.jpg

---

One of two 1940s vintage Press Wireless PW-15 transmitters at Bolinas.  This one is holding forth on the KSM 12Mc frequency:

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/PW15-1.jpg

---

A control panel on the PW-15 showing pilot lights lit:

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/PW15-2.jpg

---

Denice sends the closing benediction from the transmitter control room at Bolinas:

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/Closing1.jpg

---

Steve Hawes keeps the transmitter log on the Woodstock mill as Denice sends the closing message:

http://www.radiomarine.org/NofN6Pix/Closing2.jpg

---

The San Francisco Chronicle carried an excellent story on the event, complete with more photos.  See it at:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/07/13/BAGQNDN3E11.DTL

---

VY 73,

RD