Re: [IRCA] [DXFlorida] Fw: 1460 strange beeping.

Re: [IRCA] [DXFlorida] Fw: 1460 strange beeping.

Thomas,

One thing that seemed apparent right off, was that it wasn't standard CW
morse code. Your suggestion of some sort of digital mode is interesting.  I
can't hear anything other than on and off, with an occasional stutter at the
beginning of a tone, like a bad contact. Not a very robust digital scheme if
that's what it is.

I read somewhere about inverse coding on some European navigational beacons,
where the tone is the space and the space is the tone, so long and short
gaps would be dashes and dots, and the tones would be the separators. I
looked at the visual display of the signal on one of my recordings and there
still didn't seem to be any discernable pattern. I'll check out the other
recordings just in case.

Since this thing is in the middle of the AM broadcast band, the other thing
I should do is consider what frequencies this might be an image of and see
if there's a source beyond the broadcast band.  I'm hearing it on two
different receivers -- JRC NRD-535D and Ten-Tec RX320 DCE -- each with its
own antenna, but still, it may be a very strong local playing havoc.  While
finding that it is an image from another band would not answer what it is,
it might at least narrow it down to some kind of utility station.  Anyone
who knows those calculations off the top of their head, the possible
frequencies to check would be appreciated.

At least it's something for me to do besides listen for Wobblers.

Curt

PS: Just at 0029 there was another few seconds break in the beeps, as there
was at about 2200, then they picked back up as before.