[IRCA] WSBR 740 night power.

It seems to me that local WSBR 740 is stronger -- and creating more splatter -- than usual, at night.  I first noticed this Friday and Saturday nights.  Maybe something to do with the Independence Day weekend and responsible people on holiday.

Somehow I don't think even a local should be S9+40 day and night when they are supposedly 2.5kW days and 0.94kW nights -- though their transmitter is only 10 miles away.  Their day and night antenna pattern is aimed straight east at me.

For my zip code location, the *Zip Code Signal* web site shows day signal levels from the WSBR transmitter site at 94.0dBu - 50.32mV/m and night levels at 89.8dBu - 30.87mV/m.  I just don't know how this would reflect in S-meter readings.

Should I expect to see a discernable difference in signal level?  As I say, I don't recall them being such a nuisance at night in the past, but I never specifically noted the signal strength before.

The FCC database shows the local sunset for July as 8:15 EDT.  Based on that, if I camp on the station and watch the meters, when should I see a power drop if they are following the rules and a signal reduction is expected at my close proximity?  Is there some leeway or other allowance that would need to be taken into consideration to determine the latest time for a power change?

Bad enough they ruin the neighborhood with IBOC during the day, don't need them splattering everything at night too.  After all, 750 is one of my most reliable Wobblers!

I guess if anyone needs Boca Raton to make their DXing life complete, this would be the time to try.

Thanks,
W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (Southeast) Florida
http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/wobbler/