Re: [IRCA] My Loop Antenna is complete...

Re: [IRCA] My Loop Antenna is complete...

Roger that. I'll try a bigger one next time.

Bert

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!

Bert,

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 10:16, Ira Elbert New, III wrote:

>I tried it last night after I finished it and while it does display a bit
>of direction, the signal leaves a lot to be desired. Even local stations
>were off by several dB's. I am going to go try it in the daytime in a few
>minutes, but I thought I would post this. Any suggestions?

I used to live within 70 miles of KCBS and KGO both running 50KW.  Using my
loop I could knock them both down 50db without too much of a problem.
Lesser
stations I could null out completely.  I suggest making it bigger.  Use
about
120 feet of wire but make the outside circumference of the loop larger.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001
Stephen Hawkins NG0G