Re: [IRCA] IBOC

Pat,

The FCC won't act on IBOC interference complaints; it's best to write the stations being interfered with. I have E-mailed the Reverend Larry Rice, the director of the New Life Evangelistic Center; I'm sure he's received tons of complaints about the interference WCBW's signal receives from KFUO. I also wrote to KNSX 93.3 Steelville, MO, KPVR 94.1 Bowling Green, MO, KSLQ 104.5 Washington, MO and WNSV 104.7 Nashville, IL, complaining of interference to their signals due to IBOC hash from KSD 93.7 and KMJM 104.9. I have not E-mailed WYMG 100.5 Springfield, IL, and haven't yet contacted KOTC 830 Kennett, MO or KDJR 100.1 De Soto, MO. Since KATZ-FM's transmitter is less than ten miles from the site for KDJR's 101.5 relay (which was beamed into Alton, Wood River and Bethalto from Fort Bellefontaine), the signal the station received from KDJR was interfered with; therefore, the 101.5 relay was forced off the air. It might stay off the air, because WVRV 101.1 East St. Louis, IL just went digital, blocking out 100.9 in Sullivan, MO.

73, Eric (N0UIH)