Re: [IRCA] WXLE - 1385

Mike

WXLE was located on Canton Island in the Phoenix Islands, which were jointly administered by the US and Britain for many years.  I believe the island group was officially called Canton and Enderbury Islands.  The area is now part of Kiribati.

There is a very detailed article about the station at the Radio Heritage website http://www.radioheritage.net/Story15.asp
The article, written by NZer David Ricquish, includes a scan of my QSL letter and some photos Pete Taylor received from the station.

Bruce