Re: [IRCA] KFRC 610

I found this a few minutes ago on Usenet, and I thought it might be of interest to aircheck fans and KFRC fans.  They request that nobody stream it, but they can probably just ask for more donations.  If anyone has a website that they would like to download this to so it can be preserved for radio history posterity, that would probably be a good thing.  For reference, while this recording is 45 minutes long, it is low MP3 quality (but very clean).  Total size is 7.58 MB.

Mike Hawkins

<begin quote>

For your downloading pleasure, here are the last 15 minutes of the "old" Big 610, and its first half-hour under new ownership:

http://www.bayarearadio.org/audio/kfrc/KFRC-610-Family-Radio_April-29-2005.mp3

Please right-click the link and "Save Target As." ***Please*** do not stream it directly from the website; the bandwidth costs are high enough as it is.

The aircheck begins at exactly 11:45 PM on Thursday night. After "United We Stand," Christopher Lance foreshadows the impending change with his comment: "That's right, it's a *family* thing ... you know what I'm talking about."

At 11:59 PM (about 14 minutes into the recording), the Beau Brummels' "Laugh Laugh" is cut off by the crew at the KFRC transmitter, who offer a brief homage to Dr. Don Rose, and then it's officially The Big 610, Family Radio.

<end quote>

KF6GNI@xxxxxxx wrote:
KFRC has gone to Religious programming as anticipated.  Woof!  Only good thing is the modulation level is low.

73 de GNI
John ....Novato,Ca..