Re: [IRCA] Computers and displays

         Since setting aground here in unchartered Jacksonville, I've had 3
separate computer systems. The first was a Gateway with a CRT; the second
was a Compaq with CRT; and I'm presently using a Dell with LCD. Without
exaggerating, I cannot honestly recall having computer/monitor generated
QRM from any of them. The distance between the computer and radio is about
6 feet (2 meters). When using a Radio West Loop (2 FET pre-amp), I rarely
noticed interference problems, even if the loop was facing perpendicular to
the computer.

         The area in which we live is fairly rf quiet, thus local QRM is
immediately noticed, and I can't say that I've ever experienced anything
associated with the computer/monitor.

Mike Hardester
Jacksonville, NC. (34.47 N ? 77.23 W)
ICOM R-70 - 2 x 75 foot (23 meter) random wires
Quantum Phaser and Patience