From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of WWWR
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:40 AM
To: DXFlorida; IRCA; NRC
Subject: [IRCA] Computers and displays

I notice some list members apparently use computers in fairly close proximity to their receivers.  I have been wondering if LCD/flat-panel displays are less noisy than CRT display.  Also, if laptops tend to be more or less noisy than desktop computers.

I'm beginning to think timed recording ability, real-time signal processing capabilities, and on-line access are worth considering the addition of a computer to my radio paraphernalia.  That raises the question of advantages between the mentioned alternatives.

W. Curt Deegan
Boca Raton, (South East) Florida
http://ScooterHound.com/WWWR/wobbler/