Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 12, Issue 55

Re: [IRCA] IRCA Digest, Vol 12, Issue 55

Just back from vacation and catching up on the list's emails.

1620 KNNN868 Santa Ana is still on, heard daily here, Caltrans HAR/TIS.
Veried last fall.
1690, sign at Long Beach State listed this but I was driving and my wife
thought it said 690 so I tuned there and only heard XETRA. This is near the
I-405/SR-22 freeway intersection. I'll try to listen next time I'm up that
way. The 1700 station is maybe a carrier current station?

Drive up the I-405 to Simi Valley in January I noted the following road
signs but nothing heard.

620 Sign at I-405 and Sunset Blvd, nothing heard
1610 Sign at 118-405 intersection, nothing heard, said "when lights
flashing"
1610 Sign at 118-27 intersection, nothing heard, maybe the same as above?
1700 Sign on 405 near LAX, nothing heard
530 WNHI810 Simi Valley is still on but has QRM from LAX even in Simi Valley

I try to listen for HAR/TIS stations when I travel and now that I have the
updated list I will make a bigger effort to listen. Some of the Caltrans
stations only broadcast when there is heavy traffic or an accident. I would
rather not hear them!

Martin
Mission Viejo CA

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 00:33:23 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Michael Hawkins <downsized99@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [IRCA] TIS question for Southern California DXers
> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> In the past, I have heard four stations from SoCal at about 300-350 miles
distance (which I thought was great).  I wondered if they are still on the
air, and if they actually run at 10 watts output.  The stations are: