Re: [IRCA] CAL. DEAD STATION LIST

Pete Taylor wrote:

> That's a fascinating list Mike Hawkins put together. Thanks Mike.
>
> Regarding:
>
> KPAP/1270 (58-59) -> deleted (59-63) <---CP only ???
> KAHR/1330 (58) -> KCLM -> KRDG -> deleted (9
>
> I have veries from KAHR on 1270 9/25/61 (the letter says ex-KPAP as of
> earlier in the year) and on 1330 for 9/17/61. Obviously they were still
> running RS on 1270 while tests were being conducted on 1330. Letters
> were signed by Tom Kelly, VP, and Tim Kelly, Asst. CE. These were both
> from San Francisco. I also have a verie letter from KCLM-1330 from SF
> in 1974.
>
> I don't know where you dug all this stuff up Mike but thanks for doing
> it. Surely Kaskey remembers them all...

---------No I don't Pete.  Seems that period of inactivity I had from 1958-1965 produced a bunch of stations that I never knew existed.  Very interesting stuff Mike has got us unearthing here.
Never knew about KPAP-1270...Also Ukiah on 1250 must have been stopped by KROY on 1240 (my local then)..

don