[IRCA] Re: New FCC commish Kevin Martin

That's bad news for those, like me, who are fighting for a more equitable, more consumer-friendly, and more worker-friendly broadcast industry. Kevin Martin, from what I've heard, has been Michael Powell's loyal terrier at the FCC. I'm very sure he'll continue the reckless policies that Powell has put forth, including rules to make the media monopolies even bigger (and needlessly putting more people out of work as a result), putting an end to the use of HF spectrum by radio amateurs and international broadcasters in favor of BPL, continuing the massive interference brought about by the attempt to implement IBOC (for which no market exists), and the continued embracing of patronage and cronyism as media employment policy, especially in radio.

On the other hand, he may distance himself from the recklessness of the failed leadership of Michael Powell. I'm very concerned for the future of radio workers, DXers, amateur radio operators and radio listeners everywhere.

73, Eric (N0UIH)