[IRCA] Re: 1100 test tone - Friday AM

Mike and Curt,

On Friday 18 February 2005 13:14, WWWR wrote:
> Mike & Steve,
>
> I still have the tone on 1100 at 2:00pm ET.  Normally I would be getting a
> Cuban, but it is not there, so that would make me suspect that's who has
> the tone on.  Taken from the 2005 WRTH, this is most likely CMCH 1kW, Radio
> Cadena Habana, La Habana, Ciudad Habana, Cuba.  There's another 1kW on
> 1100, but it is on the west end of the island, much farther from me.

It is 1321 CST or 1921Z here in Iowa.  I just listened again.  I hear some
kind of tone, but it is much, much weaker, and I am not 100% sure that it is
the same thing I heard this morning.  This morning the tone was nearly as
strong as WTAM.  If it is Cuba I would expect the signal to be much weaker,
if I could hear it at all.  I am using a 120 foot wire that is pointed almost
due east from my house.

Steve
--
73 49 111 01001001