[IRCA] Is this dx related?

Don Kaskey  San Francisco CA   Drake R8A  Kiwa Air Loop  PST used
listening 2/2/05 from 0015-0100 PST

Nothing exciting at all here except that for the first time in what
seems like months conditions were deemed decent.  Plus the fact that
some of my noisemakers let up for a time.  It actually was fun for a
change...........In most cases stations to the north were dominant, but
not in all cases......

540-900  Forget it...a vast wasteland of locals & man made noise

 930  AB  CJCA  Edmonton..booming in with Gospel music.  Had QRM from
KSEI & most likely KYAK.  KHJ was nulled out.

 960  AB  CFAC  Calgary...easily noted under local KQKE with sports
talk.

 970  ??  ????  Assumed KPOJ Portland, with new format....Comedy Radio
Network....Was the dominant station so most likely Portland.  Must have
just started this format, Pat you on to this?

1010  AB  CBR  Calgary...noteable in the fact that they could barely be
heard under local KIQI.  Normally they are easily heard but for some
reason tonight, when all the other big Alberta stations were coming in,
CBR didn't have much zip.

1040  IA  WHO Des Moines...looping NE found WHO atop CKST...WHO carrying
George Norrie & Coast to Coast...Good signal.  When looping N toward
Vancouver I get solid noise at S-9+30db level.  Sometimes I hear Tigard
OR under WHO.

1060  AB  CKMX Calgary...back to their normal dominanat signal but this
time bothered quite a bit by KDUS Tempe AZ.  Usually I only hear Tempe
when looping SE toward them.

1090  MT  KBOZ  Bozeman...giving XEPRS some problems.  Easy with ESPN
sports.

1130  BC  CKWX Vancouver...only notable in that their signal was pretty
weak compared to normal nights.  Had to fine tune the null on KRDU to
bring them in.

1140  AB  CHRB  High River...really pounding
KHTK-Sacramento...distorting KHTK's audio something fierce.

1180  MT  KOFI  Kalispell....atop KERI in all loop directions...Coast to
Coast..

1200  TX  WOAI  San Antonio....solid atop Soquel with good ole George...

1240  ??  ????  One of the Oregonians (KTIX or KQEN) most likely with
ESPN sports...Really solid for awhile..not common on graveyards around
here.

1250  WA  KKDZ  Seattle....found atop with Radio Disney..nice signal
over SSers

1260  AB  CFRN  Edmonton....easily with sports under local KIQI...

1360  WA  KKMO Tacoma...really blasting tonight over KFIV etal...In SS..

1380  WA  KRKO  Everett...atop KTKZ Sacramento on all loop bearings.

1390  OR  KSLM  Salem...easily thru SS mess with 'Guy Talk Radio' or
somesuch, giving ID for their 910 // station.

1460  WA  KUTI  Yakima..'Country Cutie' nicely atop KABL etal..

1470  BCN XERCN Tijuana...solid signal, going against the grain.
Expected the Washington stations.

1480  ID  KRXR  Gooding...who else but our Idaho Border Blaster with all
their '93' watts...Pounding in over nearby KYOS.  This happens every
night.

1520  OR  KGDD  Oregon City..Again mixing evenly with KVTA & KOKC.  They
were absent most of December & nearly all of January...or at least they
were very hard to decipher thru the QRM.

One other note on Monday morning 1/31/05 between 12-1 a.m. PST I heard
someone/something  on 930 kHz sending very fast morse code.  I know I'm
picking up all noise possible from my neighborhood but Morse Code?
Curtis, you have any ideas?

73  don k.