[IRCA] Re: Opinions About the Sony ICF-SW55

[IRCA] Re: Opinions About the Sony ICF-SW55

Steve, If you do not buy the Sony SW-55 please pass on the seller so I can!
I own a Sony SW-55 and it is the finest portable I've ever owned, and I have owned about all of them. Think of the SW-55 as a Sony SW-77 without sync. It is an amazing portable and a great DX'er. You don't hear of them that often as they came out just after the Sony 2010, costing some $365. So SWL's went for the almost same price Sony 2010.
It tunes in 40 or 50 hz ssb, is 1/2 the size of the 2010, has 3 sensitivity settings and more. Many of us bet it would have out sold the Sony 2010 had Sony added sync. It has many bells & whistles! See Radio Netherlands Radio Shopping Guide.
I highly recommend you buy it.

73 John T. Wagner, Ohio