Re: [IRCA] Fw: 1420 help

Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was very happy when the WHK calls went to 1220. I would have never
been able to log 1420 here on the Oregon Coast, or at least next to
impossible. A nice QSL letter from the CE at WHK 1220. That is one call
switch I did like!

73s,

Patrick

Hi Patrick

I had a call from the logs editor of MWC, Martin Hall, on the same question. He was getting WHK IDs on 1420 but could find no official record of the change from WRMR. I rang the station. It appears that Salem are renting the 1420 facility and using the none FCC registered 1420 WHK identifier. Salem take ownership of the 1420 facility early 2005 when it will officially become 1420 WHK. My call to the station was in December so apologies if I have got the company name wrong.

73's

Barry

Editor, North American News, MWC UK