Re: [IRCA] Got Sirius?

Hi Rich,

I thought about Sirius, so far I haven't bought it. For several reasons.
First, I have all of the Sirius music channels (no talk or sports) on
Dish. I have nearly 2,000 channels on satellite (800 audio & 1200
video). This counts the stuff I get on my Big Dish and little dishes
from many countries worldwide.  I just record on cassette the music I
want to hear. Also I listen to either Air America or KGO. Air America is
now on 620-Portland and 1090-Seattle. So I really don't need Sirius. And
yes, I am one of the ones that do not like paying was radio. On my trip
to So Cal and AZ I listened to cassette or radio stations.  Since I am
also a fan of ethnic pop music, I had plenty to listen to. Driving
across from Indio to Blythe I had XEYF-850-Mexicali that came in good
too. I already have too much TV and radio. I remember the days in Seward
AK in the early 60s where we didn't even have TV for a number of years.
Finally a guy put a translator up 18 miles out of town on a mountain to
bring in KENI TV 2 (ABC/NBC) out of Anchorage. During the Winter we
would lose the signal for days in snow storms and would not think
anything about it. How things have changed. Now we get zillions of
channels and still complain there is nothing to watch or listen to.

73s,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR