WXCT 990khz Southington, CT TEST
Date: January 8, 2005 (Late Friday Night into Saturday Morning)
Time: 00:00AM EST to 02:00AM EST (2 Hour Test)
Modes of Operation:
00:00-00:30 Full day power 2.5kw and pattern.
00:30-01:00 1kw Non-Directional
01:00-01:30 80 Watts Directional Night Pattern
01:30-02:00 Off air to allow locals to DX 990khz.
Programming: : Mixture of Morse Code ID's, unique test tones, voice announcements and "most
notably, you will hear music never heard before and probably never again on the radio!"

This special test is being conducted Mr. Ron Barnes, the Chief Engineer. The test schedule makes it obvious
that Mr. Barnes is very interested in seeing how the station performs over the entire test. If you can, try to
observe how the signal changes strength as the power is reduced and include that information in your
reports.

Any reception reports should be sent to...

WXCT AM 990
440 Old Turnpike Road
Plantsville, CT 06479
ATTN: Ron Barnes CE

Information about this test comes from a posting by Mr. Barnes to the "Radio-Info DX Web Board" and
several e-mails exchanged with Mr. Barnes and noted DX'ers. I suggest that DX'ers check the
board directly in the days leading up to the event for any last minute changes:

http://www.radio-info.com/mods/posts?Board=dx

****Despite comments in some printed DX Publications about this test schedule being less
than reliable, I consider it to be 100%. Tune and don't miss this chance to add another
station from CT to the logs****

WFIL 560khz Philadelphia, PA TEST
Date: January 8, 2005 (Late Friday Night/Early Saturday Morning)
Time: 02:00-03:30 EST (NOTE TIME CHANGE)
Modes of Operation:
02:01 - 02:30 5KW Daytime Directional Pattern
02:31 - 03:00 2.5KW Non-Directional
03:00 - 03:30 Off Air to allow DXers in our region of the country to
DX other stations on 560 kHz.
Programming: Morse IDs, Voice IDs, Tones, Marching Band Music - Stars and Stripes Forever, Washington Post March,
Liberty Bell March (the old Monty Python Theme)

Reception Reports should be sent to Rene Tetro by email at rtetro@xxxxxxxxx or by snail mail at:
Rene' Tetro,
Chief Engineer
WNTP-WFIL
117 Ridge Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444-1901

Mr. Tetro will be sending out newly designed QSL Cards for each station with a special label/stamp on the reverse side noting
the special DX Test to those who respond.

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111
Birmingham, AL 35216-3748