[IRCA] WCTN 950 and WYRE 810

My two local groundwave stations on 950 and 810 have been off the air since
yesterday 1/1.  This has opened up the channels to some daytime DXing.

On 950, I have WXGI in the clear on the SW leg of my K9AY. There are a few other
carriers, with one of them with sports talk.  Of course, WPEN is there as it always
has been on the NE leg, but now with almost no interference.

On 810, I have at least four carriers, this morning someone was trying to poke
through with church services on the SW leg, but I was unable to ID it.  WGY is still
there, and mostly in the clear on the NW and NE legs.  810 also suffers from 820
and 800 slop, so DXing it is a bit problematic.

Also, my local on 1260 WWRC was off most of the morning on 1/1 and I was able to
log WWVT for a daytime reception.  I guess the station took New Years Eve and
someone decided to go to work in the late morning.

Bill Harms