[IRCA] Upcoming DX Tests (IMPORTANT)

With apologies, I made several critical errors to the
last DX Test update concerning the upcoming tests for
WFIL and WXCT. Both tests will occur on late Friday
night/Early Saturday morning on January 8th, 2005.
Please read the correct information below. Thanks to
Bill Dvorak and Saul Chernos for catching this error.

Special thanks to Dave Schmidt, Kent Winrich, Rene Tetro,
Ron Barnes, and Ross Duclair for these tests! They should
insure a Happy New Year for lots of DX'ers.

73 and Good DX,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
IRCA CPC Chairman

WB3XNN 1620khz Milford, PA TEST
Date(s): About December 15th thru end of January
Time: Non-Critical Hours 09:15AM EST until 1445PM EST
Modes of Operation: 1KW Daytime Non-Directional
Programming: Un-Modulated Carrier with ID's at TOH.

Test is being conducted by Digital Radio Engineering for field
intensity experiments concerning area ground conductivity. A full
DX Test will be conducted (hopefully at night) before the
competition of measurements in January.

Below is the full text received from Dave Schmidt:

WB3XNN - 1620 kilohertz should be on the air about December 15th.  This
station licensed to Milford, PA (near Port Jervis and less than a mile from
NRC member BILL ALISAUKAS)) is being operated for field intensity
measurements of the ground conductivity in the area.  This will be
operating during non critical hours (approx. 0915 til 1445)with an
unmodulated carrier, ID's given on the hour.  Power will be 1000 watts into
a 50 foot top loaded single tower. (For those in to tower currents, that
adds up to 8.8 amps at 14 ohms!)  Tests should continue through the end of
January.

Reports can be sent to Dave Schmidt c/o: Digital Radio Engineering, 2927 US Route
6, Slate Hill, NY  10973

****As for 12/30/04 I have not received any reports of this station being on the air. If
you receive this test, please e-mail me directly at:
les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*****

WOKY 920 Milwaukee, WI TEST
Date: Jan 2, 2005 (Late Sunday night into Monday Morning)
Time: 11:55PM CST until 12:15AM CST (20 Minute Test)
Modes of Operation: 11:55 until 12:10AM-Non-Directional 5KW
12:10AM Day Pattern (Directional East) at 5KW
12:15AM 1Kw Night Pattern
Programming: Satellite AM Standards (with occasional Morse Code)

Test is being conducted by Mr. Kent Winrich, Engineer. He has requested
receptions reports be sent to him at:

WOKY-AM
12000 West Howard Ave.
Greenfield, WI 53228

Mr. Winrich has specifically asked for recorded audio reports. He will be creating
a special QSL card for confirmed receptions.

His e-mail address is:
KENTWINRICH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If anyone needs server space to host their recordings of the test, I can
put them up on my server. That will prevent Kent from having a very
full e-mail box after the test! E-mail me directly if you need space.

We have also provided Mr. Winrich with the popular "NRC Sweep Tones"
which have proven to be successful, but no word yet if the station will
be able to include them during the test.

ANOTHER DUAL STATION TEST NIGHT-MARK YOUR CALENDARS

WXCT 990khz Southington, CT TEST
Date: January 8, 2005 (Late Friday Night into Saturday Morning)

Time: 00:00AM EST to 02:00AM EST (2 Hour Test)
Modes of Operation:
00:00-00:30 Full day power 2.5kw and pattern.
00:30-01:00 1kw Non-Directional
01:00-01:30 80 Watts Directional Night Pattern
01:30-02:00 Off air to allow locals to DX 990khz.
Programming: : Mixture of Morse Code ID's, unique test tones, voice announcements and "most
notably, you will hear music never heard before and probably never again on the radio!"

This special test is being conducted Mr. Ron Barnes, the Chief Engineer. The test schedule makes it obvious
that Mr. Barnes is very interested in seeing how the station performs over the entire test. If you can, try to
observe how the signal changes strength as the power is reduced and include that information in your
reports.

Any reception reports should be sent to...

WXCT AM 990
440 Old Turnpike Road
Plantsville, CT 06479
ATTN: Ron Barnes CE

Information about this test comes from a posting by Mr. Barnes to the "Radio-Info DX Web Board" and
several e-mails exchanged with Mr. Barnes and noted DX'ers. I suggest that DX'ers check the
board directly in the days leading up to the event for any last minute changes:

http://www.radio-info.com/mods/posts?Board=dx

****Despite comments in some printed DX Publications about this test schedule being less
than reliable, I consider it to be 100%. Tune and don't miss this chance to add another
station from CT to the logs****

WFIL 560khz Philadelphia, PA TEST
Date: January 8, 2005 (Late Friday Night/Early Saturday Morning)
Time: 02:00-03:30 EST
Modes of Operation:
02:01 - 02:30 5KW Daytime Directional Pattern
02:31 - 03:00 2.5KW Non-Directional
03:00 - 03:30 Off Air to allow DXers in our region of the country to
DX other stations on 560 kHz.
Programming: Morse IDs, Voice IDs, Tones, Marching Band Music - Stars and Stripes Forever, Washington Post March,
Liberty Bell March (the old Monty Python Theme)

Reception Reports should be sent to Rene Tetro by email at
rtetro@xxxxxxxxx or by snail mail at:
Rene' Tetro,
Chief Engineer
WNTP-WFIL
117 Ridge Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444-1901

Mr. Tetro will be sending out newly designed QSL Cards for each station with a special label/stamp on the reverse side noting
the special DX Test to those who respond.

KFBK 1530khz Sacramento, CA TEST