Re: [IRCA] What authority to broadcast after 6 PM local

Re: [IRCA] What authority to broadcast after 6 PM local

Bill,

They've done this before; back in 1983, WDGR thought they received full-time authorization from the FCC for 10000/2500 ND, and their nighttime operation made it within 30 miles of Philadelphia! They took out both Philly (then WCAU) and Guymon (KGYN) at night!

When I was living in Woodstock (and later, Marietta), GA, WDGR was a semi-local at this location, even with a 10 kW local blasting Classical music in AM Stereo at the time.

As it turned out, the 2.5 kW was for Critical Hours operation only. As far as I know, WDGR has no post-sunset authorization.

73, Eric (N0UIH)