Re: [IRCA] Somebody has gotta' help me!

> Well John...it can't be close as the temp they give has been anywhere
from
> -2 to -5 Celsius. We haven't had temps near that here in Northeast
Georgia.
> It's "SOMETHING Municipal Airport" and it's driving me crazy. I'll
keep
> listening.
>
> Bert

If the temps are in Celsius, it sure sounds like a Canadian beacon to
me.
I thought the TWEB (transcribed weather bcst) were being slowly phased
out,
and there were just a few big stations still running them. Do any of the
US airports report temps in Celsius? I have heard these bcst on GNI
236kHz,
Grand Isle, LA in the past. They are, I believe, 2 kw. which is very
high power
for a beacon. Many beacons are only in the 25 to 100 watt range.

- Bob