Re: [IRCA] Somebody has gotta' help me!

Well John...it can't be close as the temp they give has been anywhere from -2 to -5 Celsius. We haven't had temps near that here in Northeast Georgia. It's "SOMETHING Municipal Airport" and it's driving me crazy. I'll keep listening.

Bert

Bert, Your LW 333 kHz is most likely a "close by local small county airport wx beacon." I have picked up those "voice beacons" as far away from my QTH as 300 miles. The way to tell is to use the NAM (narrow AM), as they transmit in AM. When conditions are at their best you will be able to make out the county. The taped messages always begin with "This is the Franklin County (insert the name of the heard county) Airport weather & runway report. Runway xxx is closed.........et.. You will catch the name if you are persistent.
I tune down there all the time and depending on RF conditions pick up new one now & again. You may have better luck, depending on you rig in use, if you try one of those Palomar VLF converters as they allow you to receive VLF & LW up on 4 MHz. Most receivers are more sensitive above the MW Band so we don't get images/intermod from strong MW signals. The Palomar converters work well and are worth the investment if you tune a lot of Lowfers.

73 John Wagner, Ohio