Re: [IRCA] Turks and Caicos - 530Khz

I went browsing the web for info on them last night.  All references point to a 100 KW transmitter at the old US Coast Guard station on South Caicos Island.  I have been hearing them on a semi-regular basis from central California, though they have never been strong enough to hear anything clearly.  They were blasting in here last night, so I listened to them on and off for about 90 minutes.  I was also listening on my car radio.

Thanks to all who made postings on the subject and made me want to see if I could get them from here.

Mike Hawkins

Mike Hardester <DX4EVR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just an observation on Turks & Caicos-530. They have occasionally
been heard here in Jacksonville (as in North Carolina), during the daytime,
with a fair signal....on a car radio. In nightly like the proverbial ton of
bricks.

I have no idea about their power, but since I rarely hear Florida
(620 kHz in the past) during the daytime, I have to think it's greater than
50 kw.

73 de Mike

Mike Hardester
On The Road in Eastern North Carolina