[IRCA] Re: Radio Marti 1710

UNIDENTIFIED. The mysterious R. Marti on 1710 appeared on my Grundig
YB-305 portable late last night. I check 1710 fairly regularly for new
TIS stations, but this is the first incident noted here.  Looped
NE/SW, which is interesting in itself.  No stupendous cx to the east
was noted, either. Signal was slightly fadey, weak but readable about
80% of the time, occasional strong peaks. I listened between 0145-0210
EDT, 2245-2310 PDT [0545-0610 UT]. If this is a mixing product, is
Martí frequency hopping on SW? (Rich Toebe, Vacaville CA, IRCA July 8
via DXLD)

No, as I have explained several times before, if the receiver IF is 450 kHz,
here`s how the image works: 1710 x 3 = 5130. 5130 + (2 x 450) = 6030, a regular
R. Martí frequency (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)