Re: [HCDX] UNID 7312v/Glenn Hauser logs May 1-2

On 2 May 2007 I made some random checks 1500
onwards to see at what time this distorted audio starts
to fade in. Nothing there until 1653 check. Booming signal
overriding VOR on 7310. I'd guess this UNID had come to
frequency a bit before 1653. I got the "best" audio on
about 7308. There is a carrier, but it's oscillating very
rapidly and wide. This time the audio package was rather
narrow, later it spread some 5 kHz both sides.
At 1704 I believe the language was Arabic. At 1727 they
played afro-pops for about 10 minutes. Later I guess the
language was changed to French.
Around 2020 I checked 6165, under Croatia there was
a weak station with nonstop afro-pops not // 7308v.
Possibilities on 6165 are Zambia or Chad. 5915 Zambia
was also audible with different program.
Considering the signal strength on 7308v I'd guess it's
50-100kW transmitter at least.
As you guys say, Chad is a good guess.

Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski