[HCDX] Radio Netherlands Worldwide expands activities in India

Radio Netherlands Worldwide expands activities in
India

After a long-term presence in India with short wave
and satellite radio broadcasts, Radio Netherlands
Worldwide (RNW) now aims to expand its activities in
India. Keeping in mind the rapid growth of the number
of FM stations and multimedia platforms in India,
Radio Netherlands has now decided to establish
mutually beneficial partnerships with Indian media
organisations.

As part of this expansion process, Radio Netherlands
has appointed Amitabh Srivastava as Country
Representative, India. Srivastava, an entrepreneur,
has been working with various broadcasters for the
last one and a half years.

Srivastava said, ?I am excited about this assignment
and would work hard towards establishing RNW?s
expertise and creditability in the radio market in
India. I would also like to experiment with growing
multimedia options with our offerings.?

He has worked with some of the top media brands like
Times TV, MTV, BBC, TV Today and Walt Disney.
Srivastava has worked in Walt Disney Television
International (India) as Director-Affiliate Relations
for Disney Channel and Toon Disney for two years. He
has headed both the distribution and the marketing
departments for BBC and Walt Disney in South Asia.
Srivastava has worked as General Manager-Network
Development in Aaj Tak for six years. Over the past 17
years he has worked in the senior management cadre and
has been active in the TV, cable and satellite
industry, handling ground distribution system for
several broadcasters in India and Asia.

RNW is the Dutch international public service
broadcaster. It keeps millions of people informed
about developments in the Netherlands, Europe and the
world via radio, television and the Internet. RNW,
which is available in 10 languages, is considered to
be an independent, unbiased and reliable source of
news worldwide.

The Dutch radio player has offices around the world,
including Brussels, Benin, Curacao, Costa Rica,
Jakarta and New York. It currently has partnerships
with more than 3,000 media organizations, including
USA National Public Radio, CBC in Canada, ABC in
Australia and hundreds of local FM stations in Africa,
North America, Latin America and Indonesia.

///////////
Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW), a Dutch world
broadcaster and multimedia organisation, is exploring
the Indian radio market to provide high quality
content to broadcasters. The content ranges from music
to science and development, as well as general
documentaries. The Dutch broadcaster is looking for
local partners with whom they could either work
together or simply provide content.

Internationally, RNW has been providing independent
information on transnational issues. RNW broadcasts in
nine languages via short wave and medium wave radio,
and its programmes are rebroadcast on 3,000 partner
stations around the world. More than 350 journalists,
programme makers, presenters, technicians, producers
and other members of staff from over 30 different
nationalities produce daily radio and television
broadcasts and various websites. The Dutch broadcaster
also has its own correspondents throughout the world
and has offices in Hilversum, Brussels, Madagascar,
Benin, Bonaire, Costa Rica, Willemstad, Paramaribo,
Warsaw and Amman.

According to Dheera Sujan, Producer, Radio Netherlands
Worldwide, ?Radio Netherlands Worldwide has been
producing quality news, background and cultural
programmes and has partnered with broadcasters across
the world. We are exploring similar relationships in
India, where radio has been one of the most popular
sources of entertainment and information. The maturing
tastes of listeners have created a strong need for
quality content not only on music but also on diverse
issues like the environment, human rights and
international law. Radio Netherlands Worldwide, with
its years of expertise, is fully equipped to meet this
need.?

She further said, ?Good radio can do what neither
television nor print journalism can do ? it can
portray emotion, immediacy, that singular, haunting
voice telling their story. Print journalism filters
the story through the writer, and with television, the
pictures take over but with radio, the story is
everything and it?s in its purest form going directly
from the storyteller to the listener.?

?As yet, Indian audiences are unused to the kind of
public radio that is already established in the West ?
but I?m convinced there is a ready made audience for
precisely this kind of broadcasting in India and this
is what we?re here to look for,? she added.

Sujan said, ?We are currently in talks for
partnerships with Indian radio broadcasters for
providing them content in English. Talks are on with
AIR, Radio Mirchi, Radio City and many more. We have
got good response from different radio stations, but
no deal has been signed yet.?

?The radio market is very different in India. It is
taking time for people to understand the concept of
Public Service Broadcaster as such concept doesn?t
exist. There are a lot of radio regulations, which we
are in the process of understanding. We are also
collaborating with different producers for content,?
Sujan added.
////////////
Source:
http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/news/newfullstory.asp?section_id=7&news_id=24091&tag=18818&search=y
http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/Radio/RadioNews.asp?section_id=7&news_id=28307&tag=23214&pict=7

For Contact: Jaisakthivel,59,Annai Sathya Nagar,
             Arumbakkam,Chennai-600106,India
Visit: www.dxersguide.blogspot.com
       www.sarvadesavaanoli.blogspot.com
Mobile: +91 98413 66086