[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs March 7

** AFGHANISTAN [non]. R. Solh, 15265 via UK, March 7 from tune-in at 1454 until
1457 again playing our favorite song as in previous report. Maybe they run it
every day around 1450, some sort of station staple or theme? Propagation was
poor today, however (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. RHC, 15370 with usual big signal, March 7 at 1452, but lacking in
modulation; just some weak noise and traces of audio. Wiggle that patch cord!
OK on 15190 with usual much weaker signal aimed toward SSAm (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. XEYU remains MIA from 9599.4v on various chex, including March 7
around 0720 and 1448.

XEXQ, 6045, is still heard during favorable conditions, altho much weaker than
XEYU was, such as March 7 at 0722 with classical flute music (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** NEW ZEALAND. RNZI DRM again being heard, such as at 1504 March 7 on 7145;
not sure if they are still taking a break not shown on schedule, in the 14-15
UT hour. Also noticed around 0630 on 9890 along with analog on 9870. Note the
currently posted schedule no longer shows DRM on 15720 at any time, but it also
omits any DRM at 1059-1259. Since 13840 was previously shown erroneously as
2259-1259, we cannot be sure this be totally correct either, and 13840 is now
not specified as either AM or DRM, at http://www.rnzi.com/pages/listen.php ---

``26 Feb 2007 - 26 Mar 2007 UTC kHz band Target Azimuth Days
0559-1058  9870 AM  9890 DRM Pacific 0°
1059-1259 13840 NW Pacific, Bougainville, PNG, Timor 325°
1300-1750  5950 AM  7145 DRM Pacific 0°
1751-1850  9765 AM  9890 DRM NE Pacific, Fiji, Samoa, Cook Islands 35°
1850-1950 11725 AM 11675 DRM Pacific 0°
1950-2258 17675 AM 11675 DRM Pacific 0°
2259-0558 15720 AM 17675 DRM Pacific 0°``

(Glenn Hauser, UT March 7, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Now it`s certain that the pulsing spurs around 5889 and 5951 are
indeed coming from the WBOH 5920 transmitter. March 7 at 0720, when there were
no other stations on 5890, I could detect some music along with the pulses, and
it matched what was playing on 5920 at the time. On 5950 a very strong signal
from RTI in English via WYFR almost overrode the pulses, but they were still
audible. This led me to send the following e-mail to Fundamental Broadcasting
Network:

WBOH CAUSING HARMFUL INTERFERENCE

Dear FBN,

Your WBOH transmitter is putting out rather strong spurious noises. I have
logged this repeatedly the last few days. There are two matching spurs just
below 5890 and just above 5950 kHz. Around 0600 UT (1 am EST) 5890 interferes
with VOA, and 5950 interferes with WYFR.

I have also heard these around 1330 UT (8:30 am) at that time interfering with
VOA on 5890, and New Zealand on 5950.

The spurs are normally a rapid pulsing noise. At first I was not positive they
were from WBOH, altho it is typical for such pairs of spurs to be coming from a
maladjusted transmitter exactly halfway between them, i.e. 5920.

Last night, however, after 0700 UT, when there was nothing else on 5890 (or
more like 5889), I was able to match some music on that frequency with the
music playing on 5920.

At some other times I have not heard the spurs, but this is generally when the
5920 signal is weaker, so your spurs may not be propagating; or they may be
intermittent. However, you should be able to detect them yourselves if you look
for them.

You are causing harmful interference to VOA, WYFR, RNZI, and no doubt other
stations which are on the affected frequencies. You need to take this
transmitter off the air immediately and keep it off the air until it is
repaired and functioning properly.

Sincerely, Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, WORLD OF RADIO

PS: if no action is taken promptly, this notice will be copied to the affected
parties and the FCC (gh to FBN, March 7, cc to DX LISTENING DIGEST)

No reply yet, and WBOH was still on the air around 2220 March 7, the spurs not
audible then. Altho I have no doubt WBOH is responsible, it would be nice if
some other monitors would back me up in case I am challenged (Glenn Hauser, DX
LISTENING DIGESET)

** U S A. Note that WORLD OF RADIO has been rescheduled on KAIJ, 9480, from
Friday at 2000 UT to Thursday at 1600 --- this week; from next week, March 15,
time will have shifted to 1500. The other broadcast, on 5755, remains Friday
1130, shifting to 1030 with DST, altho subject to change.

WORLD OF RADIO on WWCR was missing again, Saturday March 3 at 1730 from 12160
where it had been for a few weeks. Various paid programming has been appearing
there sporadically, so we are not sure whether WOR will be back. If so, the
time will have shifted by March 17 to 1630 UT.

A projected time-shifted WOR schedule from March 11 now follows the non-shifted
one at http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** WESTERN SAHARA [non]. Have never had much luck with RN de la RASD here on
48mb, but March 7 at 2303 on 6300, better signal than before altho still
wanting, on the ATS-909 in the yard, during brief check when playing music. How
long will this last? Others report the signal has definitely improved since its
previous appearance after a few weeks off (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/