[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs March 5-6

** CUBA. Rapid clicking believed to be spur from one of the Cuban jammers
against R. Martí was found March 5 at 1325 on 11878, which is 52 kHz below
11930; however, nothing audible to match on 11982. Same type of pulsing also
found March 5 at 1436 on 15278, which is also 52 kHz below jamming on 15330,
and if there was something at +52, 15382, it was masked by huge RHC 15370
signal. The pulses on 11878 were again heard March 6 at 1610, bothering CRI
English on 11875 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MEXICO. XEYU is missing again; still no trace of 9599v March 5 at 1310;
however, XEXQ was audible on 6045 with classical music at 1329 (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** SAUDI ARABIA [and non]. Looking for BSKSA in English at 1615 March 6 on
17660, it was nothing but an occasional SAH against an S9 + 17 dB signal from
WYFR in Portuguese via Ascension, wasting a lot of watts in this direxion
instead of Brasil (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** TAIWAN [non]. RTI in English, fair and clear signal on 11995 March 6 at 1607
with news of Taiwan, also weather for Taiwan, Beijing and Japan. Per HFCC this
is now via Issoudun, France, at 75 degrees, having switched February 25 from
RFI French at 204 degrees:

11995 1600 1700 41,49   ISS 500  75  250207 250307 English F NEW TDF
11995 1600 1700 37W,46W ISS 500 204  291006 250207 French  F RFI
(Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** MICRONESIA [non]. Have not yet seen any reports of PMA 4755 from North
America. Bad timing during my usual sleep cycle, but March 5 I was checking at
1248, and could hear no trace of it, just Indonesia on 4750. Also beware of R.
Imaculada Conceiçao, Brasil, also varying just above 4755 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

Solar-terrestrial indices for 04 March follow. Solar flux 73 and mid-latitude
A-index 3. The mid-latitude K-index at 1200 UTC on 05 March was 4 (40 nT). No
space weather storms were observed for the past 24 hours. No space weather
storms are expected for the next 24 hours.
(SEC via DXLD)

** U S A. Rapid steady pulsing, maybe 15 or 20 per second, unlike the Cuban
jammers, heard on 5890 and matching on 5950, March 5 at 0611. 5890 QRMing VOA
French via Greenville, and 5950 QRMing RTI Spanish via WYFR. I seriously
suspect the ailing WBOH transmitter is the source of these, since it is halfway
between 5890 and 5950, and this is typical of spurs to match equidistant from
center frequency. 5920 itself did not have any of this noise on it, tho
modulation is degraded.

I was again hearing the pulses at 1253, when 5920 was barely modulating with
music, now interfering with VOA Korean via Philippines on 5890, and after 1300
seriously wrecking RNZI on 5950, including during Mailbox after 1330. I could
also hear a trace of the same noise 30 kHz further down on 5860 at 1332, but
not on 5980 which had a station in Russian. At 1330, 5920 starting broadcasting
another long-dead preacher, Bob Jones, Sr.

One of my TV sets produces similar pulses when turned off but plugged in, so I
was wary, and expeditioned to the next lot away from the house where I could
still hear the pulses on a portable. Note that none of these are multiples of
30, as one can easily tell by adding up the digits. And besides the trace on
5860, there were no more spurs like these around the bands. I would like others
to monitor for the 5890 and 5950 pulses; if close enough to hear 5920 in the
daytime, the pulse spurs should also be audible, not the case here at 1800.

The same pulsing just below 5890 and above 5950 was heard again UT March 6 at
0610 check, bothering VOA French and RTI Spanish respectively, and believed to
emanate from the WBOH 5920 transmitter. It was not audible, however, around
2230 UT March 5 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. During an idle moment, I checked three SW frequencies carrying the
Power Hower, from GCN, and found them unsynchronized, March 5 at 1428: 5850
WWRB was first, followed a split second later by 5765 WWCR one or two words
behind, but it took 75 seconds before the same audio came across 9480 KAIJ!

George McClintock explains: KAIJ gets this program from an internet feed,
unlike the other stations; and there is an additional 36-second delay in the
program feed from KAIJ studios near Nashville to transmitter near Dallas (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 17477, March 6 at 1614, continuous warbling tone around 1 kHz,
similar to heard on 9 MHz frequency from spy numbers/letters transmitter (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/