Re: [HCDX] Daylight Shifting Time

DAYLIGHT SHIFTING ENDS:
11 MARCH: Chile, Easter Island, Paraguay, Uruguay
18 MARCH: New Zealand, Chatham Islands [not 17 March as original post]
25 MARCH: Australia except NT, Qsld [3 zones + Lord Howe Island
          changing ½ hour] [not 24 March as in original post]
 1 APRIL: Namibia
15 APRIL: Falkland Islands
(Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

NOTE: if you refer to DST as Daylight Saving Time, your are buying into and
perpetuating the Big Lie that daylight can be saved rather than merely shifted
from one part of the clock day to another (gh)

During the telecast of the race from Mexico City yesterday I was curious about
the area and pulled out an atlas. I noted that the majority of Mexico is in the
Central (-6 hrs) time zone while much smaller portions lie in the Mountain (-7
hours) and Pacific (-8 hrs) zones. I assumed there only to be three zones and
that seems to be the case. The following page describes the DST in Mexico and
explains that Sonora does not observe DST (sensible folks? But also borders
Arizona).
http://www.mexicanconsulate.org.uk/tourist/Summer%20Time_DST.htm
73, de (Nate Bargmann, dxldyg via DXLD)

This also shows Chihua2 on MST in winter, MDT in summer. It used to be on CST
in winter (gh, DXLD)

When scheduling transmissions, it was sometimes difficult to get information as
to when to make the time shift for particular programs. It wouldn't surprise me
to hear one day that some country has decided to make the change retroactively.
df (Dan Ferguson, dxldyg via DX LISTENING DIGEST)

Referring to IBB; a case in point Haiti, where VOA thinx it has to keep the
evening Creole broadcast at the same local time in Haïti, but doesn`t always
succeed around transition periods, and/or causes collisions as previously
documented here (Glenn Hauser, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time