[HCDX] Antenna Soldering

I have been trying to solve a problem I have been dealing with for
years. As many of you know I have the 1500 foot  Eastern beverage.
During storms, I have occasionally had breaks in the wire. Not often,
but it does happen. For many years I have used these little $30 butane
soldering pencils that give me maybe 40-50 watts (when new). Well, they
never last long. They get clogged up or something happens. I am always
buying a new one every year or so and maybe more often. The older ones
ran hotter than the newer one, so out in out cool wet Winter I cannot
often get the tip hot enough to melt solder.  I would love to haul my
100 watt soldering gun out with me, but I don't have 110v  hundreds of
feet away. I do use it within a hundred feet of the house as I have
cords to run a fair distance. Do they have a small rechargable
power-pack that could be carried easily that I could use my 100w
soldering gun? If so, any idea where I might find one? That would solve
my problem. These small butane pincils just do not work out well for me.
Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager