[Swprograms] Good Listening No. 2: Media Network Vintage Vault / 23rd May 1985

Hello Again!

My friend and colleague John Figliozzi has helped motivate me to find
interesting spoken word radio programming and podcasts to listen to
while going about my day-to-day activities. In the spirit of his
"Podding Along" initiative, I'd like to offer my own capsule reviews
of interesting programming from a variety of sources and broadcasters.
These will nearly always be available for download and/or podcast, and
might (or might not) be available on shortwave as well.

Today I'm highlighting a wonderful treasure trove of shortwave
programming from years ago -- Jonathan Marks' "Media Network Vintage
Vault", with a newly-posted edition of Media Network from 23rd May
1985.  I'm willing to bet "Media Network" was appointment listening
for most of us back in the day, and much of the programming remains
fascinating nearly 35 years (egad) later.

This edition has Jonathan visiting Sri Lanka for the first time,
meeting up with Victor Goonetilleke and Sarah Weerakooon.  It's a
great listen.

Jonathan is active on Facebook and posts updates regarding the Vintage
Vault there.

Website:  http://jonathanmarks.libsyn.com/ for the series,
http://jonathanmarks.libsyn.com/media_network_sri_lanka_special_1985
for this specific episode.