From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard Cuff
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:01 AM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Cc: Mike Barraclough
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] Bush House: BBC World Service moves home

Perhaps...unless there had been a solar flare...or you were stuck
somewhere that shortwave couldn't be heard (i.e. inside a reinforced
concrete building).

Failures of Internet streaming and shortwave can somewhat be
circumvented but not always.

RC

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Sandy Finlayson <sfinlayson@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> 2.       As I was fighting to listen to this using the TuneIn radio app
on
> my iPad, I couldn't help thinking to myself that my silent short wave
radio
> would have provided more reliable service than the internet!

shown above.