	From: internetradio-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Richard Cuff
	Sent: Sun 5/2/2010 4:36 PM
	To: Shortwave programming discussion; Internet radio discussion
	Subject: [Internetradio] Sunday Times: BBC World Service could lose 18-25%of funding

	See http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article7114027.ece

	or

	http://snipurl.com/vyaam

	Arabic and Persian TV are deemed especially vulnerable, as are
	"minority languages".

	No reasons for requiring cuts of these levels were listed; this would
	be for the three years beginning April 2011.

	One speculates the timing for the announcement is to enable World
	Service listeners to apply what pressure they can...

	--
	Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA